Our Holocaust Survivor PCTI training for caregivers provides them with an essential understanding of trauma as a whole, the unique effects of Holocaust-originated trauma on the aging process, and guidance on identifying triggers to avoid, resulting in:
• More patient-centered care,
• Enhanced emotional well-being, and
• Increased trust between the survivor and caregiver.
The three main goals of the program are:
• Increased understanding of PCTI principles and applications to Holocaust survivors,
• Increased training capability of homecare agencies with a train-the-trainer approach, and
• Increased survivor satisfaction with homecare services.
This PCTI training will become part of our Holocaust Survivor Program core offering and provide better PCTI care to support homecare program expansion.